Change of Scenery?

Considering changing the stage.  Rather than performing in Studio 1 and limiting myself in terms of space, I could drag the weight up Steep Hill.  Also the idea of ‘life quotes’, while motivating, limit the idea of motivation.  Motivation is deeper, something that is more powerful when ignited within, due to a person experience or not.  Therefore, maybe I should simplify the performance and allow the audience to create their own opinion of whether it is motivating or not.

If Performed on Steep Hill:  This prevents me needing the audience to influence the weight and resistence on my body, therefore I can concentrate on battling this grueling performance all on my own, focusing ont he solo aspect.  I will put a set weight at the end of two long thick heavy ropes that I will drag all the way up steep hill.  The length of steep hill will be an incedible endurence excersice, and the gardual increase in steepness is perfect to represent how the hardships in life increase.  By the time I reach half way I will be exaughsted.  On the ropes I will keep the white napkins tied along them that will have Cancer, depression, fatigue etc written upon them.  Napkins are a means of cleanilness and therefore having them dirtied will represent toxins and negativity for the mind and body.  I do not wish to put a time limit on the performance if possible, I merely want to keep going until I reach the top of Steep Hill.  I will post certain quotes and messages along steep hill for the audience to read and allow for their own conclusion of what my performance is about (possibly relating it to something in their life, although this is just a bonus).

The energy needed to complete the performance will be extremely intense, representing life’s hardships and how they can be extremely taxing on the body.  Completing the performance will represent mind over body and how the power of the mind can force the body to achieve or cope with extraordanary pressures in life.